- Charlie O's Reopens with Spit Jack
- Moving on, the other cool show at Charlie O's this weekend marks the welcome return of notorious local punk band Spit Jack, who headline a show with vicious gift (see the review of thier demo on page 66) and Broken Frames on Friday, April 11. SJ have been holed up in recent months breaking in a new drummer, Travis Collins, who replaces Seth Roya, who replaced original drummer Mike Forester, who may or may not have choked to death on someone else's vomit. Or he moved to Michigan. I can never remember which.
Anyway, point is, Spit Jack are back. And I gotta say, they make a curious choice as a band to book so soon after doing a deep clean of your venue. After all, this is a band whose stated ambition is to get kicked out of every bar they play. Methinks this can only end badly, which is to say awesomely. [Read More...]
- Going to Smang it Baby!!
We have some fun shows coming up over the next couple of weeks. 4/11 at Charlie O's. Should be a blow out, Charlie O's has been shut down for a few weeks so come on down to Montpelier and drink some whiskey with us! And this just in..... Spit Jack will be opening for Turquoise Jeep at the Higher ground on 4/16!! Smash it and Bang it!
- Third Time is a Charm!
Well we have some news! We lost our first drummer to choking on someone elses vomit. Now we have lost Seth with a freak accident where he asphyxiated himself while taking off his underwear. Well now we would like to introduce drummer number three Travis Collins (Last Place Winners, Crossthread, Midnite Blue, Canadian Tuxedo, Meridians,10k Vollt Ghost, Seamus the Great)! Everyone make sure to douse hime with booze and bodily fluids next time you see us play. Speaking of, we have a couple show coming up. Details to follow..........
- Soundbites: Predicting the Year to Come in Local Music
- Last but not least, Stowe has had a notable live-music void since the Rusty Nail shut its doors about a year ago â€” which may or may not have had something to do with a rather notorious incident involving local punk band Spit Jack, whiskey, violence and vomit. After consulting with the 7D legal team, letâ€™s say â€śnot.â€ť .........................................
In the meantime, Rusty Nail dudes, I do have Spit Jackâ€™s number if you need it. [Read More...]
- We will be back strong in 2014! Thanks for all the support
Well 2013 was a crazy year. Thanks to all the venues and especially to everyone that came out to rock and party with us! We are taking a short break to rest our kidneys, work on some new material, and record a second EP. Check back soon for updates on upcoming shows and Spit Jack news.- Thanks
- 12/7 Spit Jack Returns to Stowe!!
We'll its been a long time since we have been asked to play in Stowe. Looking forward to this gig before we take a break to work on new material and do some recording. Come down to the Vermont Ale House for a wild time with our friends Burrow Owl and The Tsunamibots. Not sure if you know but the Stowe school department has banned all dances due to twerking. We end to fix this. We encourage twerking and we will bring the music back to Stowe!
- The Amazing Seth!
So not only is Seth a kick ass drumer who knew he also could make custom leather items? Check out the guitarstrap he made for Tom T.
- Next Stop Radio Bean 11/22-Late night
Looking forward to this show. Last time we played Radio Bean Ke$ha showed up and there was all kinds of shananigans going on. Always a good time at the Bean. See you there
- Barre Here we come 11/2
Well we had a blast partying with all of you Friday night at Charlie O's! We are going to keep this party going with our return to the infamous Southside Tavern in Barre VT. Our friends Burrow Owl will be joining us and it has the makings of a good time. See you there!!!
- Going To Get Loud in Montpelier 10/25
Looking forward to Friday and partying with our friends The Pitty Whores and the Thundercocks. Always a good time when we play with these bands. At least what we can remember. The details are always a bit hazy after a show at Charlie O's. See you there!